Why work at Southgate
Why apply for a job at Southgate School?
- We are a member of Middlesex Learning Trust alongside The Compton School, an outstanding school with a national profile. Together we are leading edge in our approach to ensuring excellence for all.
- We are consistently the most over-subscribed school in Enfield
- You will work in a school that has exceptional students from all walks of life and staff who truly care about the impact of their work.
- You will be joining a school that is buzzing with life, energy and opportunities for your own continued professional development.
- Leaders’ work has been sharply focused on making sure that all subjects are planned and taught effectively. As a result, pupils achieve well in their GCSEs. (Ofsted 2019)
- ‘There is never a day that I don’t want to come to school’. All the pupils we spoke to held this view.’ (Ofsted 2019)'
- We are a mixed comprehensive school (1500+ on roll including the Sixth Form) dedicated to academic achievement and the maintenance of very high standards.
At Southgate School we offer a comprehensive training package for NQTs. For aspiring middle and senior leaders, we provide financial and professional support and wider CPD including the NPQML and NPQSL. These programmes are delivered as part of our partnership with the Institute of Education
Southgate School has excellent transport links. We are five minutes away from Oakwood Tube Station (Piccadilly Line). Central London is only 20 minutes away.