Featured News & Events
GCSE Results 2018Posted on: August 23rd 2018
Despite ever tougher exams and a new, more challenging curriculum, we are celebrating some incredible individual performances in this year’s GCSE results, for both individuals and departments.
There are a number of students who have achieved lots of 9 – 7 grades, including Hazel Nanan and Hannah Cato who between them, gained a total of sixteen 8 and 9 grades across 8 subjects including Maths, English literature and language, biology and chemistry.
Other outstanding performances include;
- Okem Chime, who achieved an exceptional; 5 x 9, 3 x 8 and 2 x 7 grades
- Zeynep Cam 4 x 9 grades in biology, chemistry, physics and Maths.
- Ruby Grant, who not content with playing football for England, achieved 3x9, 4x8, 2x7 and a 6
- Alessia Michael who achieved 2x9, 3x8, 3x7
- Tiger Campbell who achieved 3x9, 2x8 and 4x7
Some subjects also performed incredibly well with many in the top 5% in the country for strong passes (grade 5+). These subjects include:
- Biology 98% 5+
- Chemistry 98% 5+
- French 81% 5+
- PE 73% 5+ - their best results yet!
- Art 78% 5+
- Music 90% 5+
Miss Devlin, their Head of Year said, “I’m incredibly proud of the achievements of all students particularly because of the new and challenging specifications. The dedication and commitment shown by many of them this year has clearly paid off. I wish them all the success in the future and look forward to seeing most of them in our sixth form.”