School to School Support
ETSA Southgate offers School to School support for a range of subjects and initiatives. We have National Leaders of Education and Specialist Leaders of Education within our alliance, and we have a strong track record of supporting schools both within and outside the Teaching School Alliance.
Specialist Leaders of Education Team
Base School : Southgate School
Phase: KS3, KS4 and KS5
Subject Specialism: Drama
- Schemes of Learning
- Exam criteria / structuring the course at GCSE and A Level
- Interventions to help reduce the gap and support students
- Support within the classroom
- Behaviour management
Base School: Christ’s College Finchley – Head of Science
Phase: Secondary (including KS5)
Subject Specialism: Science
- Developing departmental leadership and management
- Diagnostics and action planning for improvement
- Professional coaching
- Curriculum review and improvement
- Quality assurance and monitoring
- Intervention planning
Base School: Southgate School
Subject Specialism: Modern Foreign Languages
- Leadership and Management Skills (creating a team ethos, holding a difficult conversation, delegating)
- Teaching and Learning (metacognition, challenge, literacy and numeracy in MFL, the use of the Target Language by students, activities to engage students)
- Assessment and Marking (students working with GCSE mark schemes, success criteria, effective peer-assessment)
Our Alliance is keen to recruit a growing team of SLE's and NLE's.
For further information on what a Specialist Leaders of Education is or how to become a SLE please see the document at the end of this page titled Specialist Leader of Education.
Requesting School to School Support
Southgate School as a Teaching School is responsible for designating SLE's, brokering SLE deployments and providing ongoing support.
SLE's can be deployed to support leadership developments in a school/subject area for any given period, ranging from a one-off session to on-going support over a term or academic year. The cost to a school to deploy an SLE is £350 a day. For schools within ETSA Southgate the first day will be paid for by the Teaching School.
If you wish to request the support of an SLE from our Alliance to support leadership/subject developments in your school, please contact Rosemarie Little via email: Etsasouthgate@southgate.enfield.sch.uk